FES Cycling has proven itself to be an effective form of exercise for persons when limb paralysis limits methods of exercise. Exercise is vital for all humans. It helps our bodies to work more efficiently and gain long term health benefits.
FES synchronised with a motion trainer such as with the RehaMove system allows active exercise of paralysed muscle. It's backed by decades of research and practical application.
But what is FES?. How does it work? How can I make adjustments myself? How are others using it? How to get more from your investment?
A mix of "how it works" content and practical training for RehaMove users
No prior knowledge of FES needed
Around 8 hours of video and text content and downloads
Content released in stages from 1st May until late July
Will develop and grow over time based on your feedback
Free access to this Pilot Course for our UK clients - YOU MUST REQUEST A COUPON CODE THOUGH
- Welcome and Introduction FREE PREVIEW
- How to Use this Course
- Entrance Survey
- Getting Started Downloads
- Introduction to Exercising for Health
- Why Diet Matters?
- Quick Quiz
- Section Downloads
- What is FES?
- How does FES Work?
- Controlling Stimulation Intensity
- Planning a Session
- The Research Behind FES Cycling
- Section Downloads
- The System Button
- FES Protocol and System Testing
- Checking the MOTOmed Settings
- How to Export or Delete a User
- First Steps - create a user
- Arm Training Overview
- Leg Training Overview
- Setting the Stimulation Parameters
- The Warm Up
- Warm Up Ends - Operations During an Active FES session
- How to Select the User in a Multi-User Environment
- Example Constant Mode Unilateral Arm Exercise Programme with FES
- Example Adaptive Mode Bilateral Leg Exercise Programme with FES
- Creating a New Leg Stimulation Template
- What is Sequence Mode?
- Example of Sequence Training Upper Limbs
- Example of Sequence Mode for Gait Training
- Example - Sequence Mode Abdomen Training
- Creating a New Sequence Mode Template
- Wrist Extension
- Wrist Flexion
- Elbow Extension
- Elbow Flexion
- Knee Extension
- Knee Flexion
- Foot Raise (Drop Foot Application)
- Foot Extension
- Example - Sequence Mode Programme for "Sit to Stand"
- Shoulder Stabilisation
- Shoulder Straightening
- Torso Stabilisation - Unilateral
- Abdominal Training
- Back Strengthening
- Gait Training
- Crawling Pattern
Derek originally trained as a Control Systems Engineer and has worked with FES applications for more than 30 years in a varied career that spans research, academic, clinical and business ventures. Following a PhD in Bioengineering he embarked upon an clinical engineering and academic career in Canada and Scotland. He led research and postgraduate teaching in the fields of prosthetics, orthotics and rehabilitation. His "second career" as an entrepreneur followed his MBA degree and allowed him to fully apply his knowledge and experience with advanced technology in rehabilitation. Derek is a founding Director of Anatomical Concepts (UK) Ltd and FIxxl Ltd.
To the point, easy to understand. Backed up with science.
To the point, easy to understand. Backed up with science.Read Less